The Hawks are in the playoffs! We’ll let Russell Wilson lead the Hawks to next week’s NFC Championship game, but Choose Your Way Bellevue is here to lead you to the action.
If you are considering taking a bus from Bellevue to the Saturday night Playoff Game, you have a few options in the playbook that will lead to success:
- From the Bellevue Transit Center you can catch Sound Transit (ST) route 550 that will drop you off at the International District Chinatown station, a short distance from Pioneer square and Century Link Field. You can catch ST route 550 at the South Bellevue Park-and-Ride too.
- If you’re heading across the lake from the Eastgate freeway station you will enjoy 20 festive minutes with fellow Hawks fans on the Sound Transit route 554, before arriving at 5th and Jackson. The 554 departs the Eastgate Park-and-Ride every 30 minutes. After the win you can catch the 554 for your return trip from 5th and Jackson.
- In addition to the normal operating routes King County Metro is offering game-day shuttles from Eastgate Park-and-Ride and South Kirkland Park-and-Ride. These shuttles depart at 3:15 p.m. and 4:40 p.m. and return 20 minutes following the game from SB 5 Av S/S Weller St. The fare for these game-day shuttles is $4.00 each way and must be paid in cash. ORCA cards are not accepted on these shuttles.
Remember, Seahawks game days are busy for all downtown buses. A couple of things that help the offence run more smoothly are patience and an ORCA card:
- Postgame traffic can clog the streets and unlike Marshawn, buses can’t just Beast-mode through. Please be patient and remember the bus will eventually come.
- When making the play-call to ride the bus, also remember that an ORCA card will not only save you money by letting you transfer between buses, but it speeds up boarding. If you will be paying your fare with cash try to have exact change ready. The Sound transit fare for the 550 is $2.50. There are many places to get an ORCA card. You can purchase one at the Bellevue Transit Center ORCA card vending machine or at other participating retail locations as well as by mail. Here’s the playbook on getting an ORCA card.
If you have any questions about transportation to or from Bellevue, contact info@OnTheMoveBellevue.org.