But you’re wondering – “Emergency Ride Home – how does that work?”
Choose Your Way Bellevue staffer Augusta breaks it down for you:
Once you’ve pledged you can join the I-405 Diamond Club! – Upon your completion of the pledge, you are invited to join the I-405 Diamond Club through your RideshareOnline.com account. Here’s the rundown to get your first Emergency Ride Home (ERH) credit.
- Visit the “Rewards” tab at the top of your account.
- Click on “Incentive Programs” to view the I-405 Diamond Club incentive.
- Click “Submit Request” to join.
- Upon approval, you will receive your first Emergency Ride Home code, which you can access through Rewards > Pending Rewards (to choose your reward) > Reward History (to redeem your reward): (click to enlarge)
- Continue to log your eight pledged days each month to earn another code each month through April 30, 2016, keeping your eligibility active.
We encourage you to write down your codes as you receive them, with the phone number and directions. Save your promo codes in your email, on your smartphone, or in your wallet on this handy card so that it is easily accessible in an emergency. Do not upload it to your Uber or Lyft account until you are ready to use it.
These are not free rides for planned trips or personal errands; the ERH is intended for you to have taxi rides home from work in your pocket in case of an eligible emergency. (Be sure to review these so you understand which trips qualify for as eligible emergencies).
Redeeming your ERH credit
If and when you are experiencing an eligible emergency, here is how to redeem your ride code (this is very similar to how you redeemed your first Diamond Club code, above):
- Log into your account
- Hover over “Rewards” on the top blue bar; click on “Pending Rewards.”
- After you’ve chosen, hover over “Rewards” on the top blue bar; then click on “Rewards History.” Next to CIM – Emergency Ride Home click “View Redeem Instructions” to find the directions on how to redeem your ride.
A friendly note: Emergency Ride Home promo codes do not pay for tips. If you choose to tip, you may do so with your own credit card.
For taxi rides you will have to call (425) 450-4555, identify yourself to the taxi dispatcher and state the name of the program–Community In Motion Emergency Ride Home program—when they ask for the “Employer”. We have agreements with Far West and Yellow Cab in the King County area. If this is an eligible trip, you will be able to get a ride home up to 60 miles in length. A friendly reminder that the tip is not included with this credit.
For Uber and Lyft codes, you’ll arrange your own ride through your personal Uber or Lyft accounts. You’ll use the ERH promo code to pay for rides up to 60 miles or $100. If your ride exceeds this amount you’ll be required to pay the difference.
What should you do BEFORE you need an Emergency Ride Home while using Uber or Lyft?
- Download the Uber and/or Lyft app(s). Create Uber and/or Lyft account(s) using your own credit card.
- Redeem your code in your RideshareOnline.com account.
- Hail a ride using your Uber or Lyft app.
- Using the Uber or Lyft app, “pay” for the ride using your ERH code. If the trip exceeds $100 or 60 miles, pay the difference with your credit card through your Uber or Lyft account.
- At the conclusion of the Uber or Lyft ride, you may have the option to tip the driver using your own money.
If you haven’t pledged yet, and you are interested in the emergency ride home and haven’t taken the pledge yet, you can take the pledge here. Email email@example.com with questions on the Communities In Motion program or the Emergency Ride Home. Ride credits expire June 15, 2016.