Get ready, because good weather is in the air and that means that Bike Everywhere Month is right around the corner! Here are a few exciting opportunities the City of Bellevue is offering to get you out on two wheels during the month of May:
Before we even get to May, the City of Bellevue is hosting a “Basics of Urban Cycling” class on Wednesday, April 25th at noon at City Hall. The class will cover planning your bike route, riding safely and comfortably, rules of the road, clothing, gear, and is led by a Cascade Bicycle Club instructor. Free pizza will be provided—RSVP required here!
And to officially kick off Bike Month, including the Bike Everywhere Challenge, Choose Your Bellevue is hosting the 2018 Eastside Bike Bash at REI-Bellevue with Cascade Bicycle Club and all our friends on May 1 from 4pm-7pm. Learn about exciting bike projects coming to the Eastside and snack on goodies from KIND Bar and fresh roasted s’mores from REI. We’ll have friends and partners from all over the Eastside with fun giveaways and coupons—check out the details here.
And don’t forget that May 18th is Bike Everywhere Day! Find your nearest Celebration Station!
- Sign up for the Washington Bikes Bike Everywhere Challenge and ride all month long!
- Find a Bike Everywhere Day Celebration Station on Friday, May 18th or visit as many as you can!
- Didn’t get enough bike goodness that morning? Head to Redmond for the Bike Everywhere Day Bike Bash with music, food trucks, and a beer garden!
- Don’t want to ride all the way to work? Check out the bike locker and cage options that SoundTransit and King County offer, or put your bike on a bus to make your commute multimodal!
- Learn about all the 2018 Bellevue Bike Month Activities
-Choose Your Way Bellevue Staff