The Bike Everywhere Challenge is a fun and free competition to encourage your friends and colleagues to experience firsthand the joys and benefits of riding a bike.
REGISTER. IT’S FREE: Visit the lovetoride website and register by filling in the required information. Make sure to check the box that reflects how often you’ve ridden a bike in the last 12 months and click “NEXT”.
RIDE FOR 10 MINUTES OR MORE: In May, if you ride a bike anywhere for at least 10 minutes between May 1 and May 31, 2017, you can log your trip to be eligible for great prizes.
RECRUIT FRIENDS & COLLEAGUES: Send invites out to your coworkers and friends to form a Bike Team. Teams consist of up to 8 people, but teams of 10 are permitted if two members on the team are considered “new riders,” or riders who have only ridden a few times in the past year.
- After you complete your registration, choose to donate or skip to the “My Profile” tab to Join a Bike Everywhere Challenge Team. On your profile below your name, you can Join an Organization or Join a Team. Click “Join a Team” – you will arrive at a page where you can choose one of three options:
- Start Your Own Team – set up a team with coworkers or friends
- Join an Existing Team – choose from a list of existing teams
- Skip this step – ride solo as a lone wolf
- Create a Team: If you choose to Start Your Own Team, you will need to enter some information about your team: (Team name, Team description, Team category, Organization association, Team region (County). Click “Create Team.” Be sure to market the team to your colleagues and friends – this year’s competition emphasizes encouraging more participation. Teams can consist of up to ten individuals if two of them are new riders. Otherwise the team maximum size is capped at eight.
WIN GREAT PRIZES: The aim is to earn the most points by riding and getting others on your team to ride during Bike Month (May 1 – 31). 2017 prizes will be posted to the Bike Everywhere Challenge webpage. Point scoring is as follows:
- 1 mile = 1 point
- 1 day = 20 points
- 1 existing rider = 50 points
- 1 new rider = 200 points
-Choose Your Way Bellevue Staffer Jacob