Construction has begun on East Link’s downtown Bellevue Tunnel. Starting June 13th, contractors will close a portion of 110th Ave. NE to replace the soil under the roadway. The current substrate consists of loose fill which it is not adequate for the tunneling operation. The loose substrate will be replaced with a concrete like material and the roadway will be restored, allowing full access during tunnel construction.
Phase one of the closure will last approximately five weeks (June 13th to late July).
The initial closure will block all lanes in both directions of 110th Ave. NE from NE 6th St. to the loading dock of City Center Plaza. The 110th Ave. entrance to City Center Plaza will be closed during this phase of construction, but there will be limited access via the loading dock. Please contact property management for more details. Both the City Hall visitor entrance and the Skyline garage will continue to be accessible via 110th Ave. NE, but drivers will have to access it from the south. Vehicle access to Skyline Tower, City Center Plaza and Bellevue City Hall will be restricted to a right turn only from westbound NE 4th St.. The sidewalk on the western side of 110th Ave. NE between NE 4th St. and NE 6th St. will be closed. The sidewalk on the east side will remain open.
Phase two of the closure will continue for an additional five weeks (Late July-early September).
During phase two, the western-most lane will be reopened to southbound traffic. At this point, vehicles traveling southbound on 110th Ave. NE will have access to the City Center Plaza and Skyline Tower garages, but vehicles exiting the garages must exit southbound on 110th Ave. NE.
Although the construction site is relatively small, traffic impacts are expected to spread beyond the immediate area. Diversion is expected on NE 8th St., NE 4th St. and NE 2nd St. as well as 112th Ave. NE and 108th Ave. NE.
Customer and visitor access to Bellevue City Hall remains available from northbound 110th Ave. NE and westbound from NE 6th St.
Transit access to the Bellevue Transit Center will not be affected and all bus service will continue as scheduled.
Choose Your Way Bellevue wants to help you find other transportation options.
- Contact us for custom commute plans and carpool/vanpool matching.
- During the 110thAve. NE closure, Choose Your Way Bellevue is offering new transit riders* ORCA cards preloaded with a $10 E-purse, to get you started.
- King County Metro VanPool is offering five days of free rides in operating vanpool and vanshare commuter vans.
- Contact email@example.com more information on the ORCA and VanPool promotions.
To help you get through construction, we are inviting new transit riders* to apply for a preloaded $10 ORCA card (while supplies last) or five free rides in a KC Metro commuter van. Whether you want to commute to the office, ride to the Bellevue Collection for shopping and dining, bus to Seattle for a Mariners game, or if you want to try the Sound Transit 560 or light rail to the airport, we have your first trips covered.
We will review your application, and if approved, will mail you an ORCA card within seven business days.
- *A new transit user is anyone who has not used transit more than three times in the past three months.
- Participants who have previously received an ORCA card from Choose Your Way Bellevue are not eligible for this promotion.
- If you are already taking advantage of your employer’s ORCA benefit, you are not eligible for this promotion.
- For more details contact Choose Your Way Bellevue, please email info@CYWB.org.
- Limit one per person and one per email address.
Our team is also available to help you plan a transit trip through our online commute inquiry form.
How it works
- Submit a request for a preloaded $10 ORCA while the promotion is available here.
- The ORCA cards will be mailed out by Choose Your Way Bellevue staff weekly.
- Limit one per person.
- Limit one per email address.
- For the KC Metro commuter van promotion find a van with a seat or for tips on finding a van, contact info@CYWB.org. Once you find a van complete this form.