Downtown Bellevue is thrilled to welcome you and your family for our Four on the 4th Dog Jog & Walk and Bellevue Family 4th events! Getting around may be a challenge especially if you’re driving. Below are some tips and tricks for beating the crowds and making your commute in an easy one! Just looking for a map? Click here.
Tips for riding transit to downtown Bellevue:
- Carry your exact bus fare in cash or your ORCA card loaded with either a pass or e-purse. Bus drivers do not have change. You may pay your fare, and the fare for others traveling with you, using any combination of paper, coin currency, and/or transit pass equal to or of greater value than the required fare. For fare information along your route and desired travel time follow this link.
- Free fares for children: Up to four children ages five and under always ride free with a paying adult on Sound Transit and King County Metro buses.
- All buses are by selecting ‘Accessible Trip’ in the advanced options of Trip Planner.
- Plan your return trip: Plan ahead by locating the bay where you will wait to catch a bus back to the park and ride, as well as determining when the last bus leaves to get you there. Schedules will be posted at each bay to assist you.
- Westbound Northeast First Street will be closed between 100th and 102nd Avenue Northeast from 1 p.m. to midnight;
- Before the fireworks, starting about 9:30 p.m., streets closed to vehicle traffic will include: Northeast Fourth Street, 100th Avenue Northeast to Bellevue Way Northeast; Northeast First Street, 100th to 103rd Avenue Northeast; and 100th Avenue Northeast, Northeast First to Northeast Fifth Street;
- After the fireworks, restrictions will include: right turns prohibited from northbound 100th Avenue Northeast to Northeast Eighth Street, and from eastbound Northeast 10th Street to all side streets between 100th Avenue Northeast and Interstate 405; access to northbound I-405 from Northeast 10th Street will be via southbound 116th Avenue Northeast, then westbound Northeast Eighth Street;
- After the event, left turns will be prohibited from southbound Bellevue Way to eastbound Northeast Fourth Street; drivers headed to I-90 or I-405 may continue south on Bellevue Way.
Please check the Bellevue Bike Map for information about biking in the Bellevue area. Bike racks are available throughout Downtown Bellevue; check out the downtown bike rack map to find one near the festivities.
We recommend carpooling to those choosing to drive to the event. Stay up to date on traffic and closures from the City of Bellevue’s website.
Read here for more information from the City of Bellevue about getting to and from the festivities.
We’ll see you there!
-Choose Your Way Bellevue Staffer Tim